Monday, February 28, 2011

Ghana Drama and Water-rama

I remember the first time I got in trouble in practice in college- like really got into trouble. I don’t even remember what I did but I distinctly remember I would have given anything to pull up the floor boards with my fingernails and crawl underneath.
I felt like that today, except I wasn’t the one getting into trouble.

Last night was a one of the worst for me, and I am sooo very thankful I was able to talk to my parents on the phone last night. I like to think I am a strong and can take care of myself, but that is clearly not the case. I crawled into bed and called home as I was entirely too worked up about this situation. The more I talked about it the more upset I got. Tears. The whole nine yards.  
That’s when I heard the Rat Pack in the corner of my room again.
I can’t do this. I lost it. I was laying in my bed sobbing and my mom put my dad on.
“I’M SO MAD AND NOW THE MOUSE IS IN MY ROOM AGAIN!”
There is nothing more annoying than a hysterical girl- I can admit that, but as soon as I said that, I started laughing. I was legitimately freaking out right now. I knew this is going to be really funny in the morning (and it was).  Oh the things daughters put their fathers through…
My mom and dad had to tuck me in and say my bedtime prayers with me like the good ol’ days and specifically pray that darn rodent would sleep too.
Thanks Mom and Dad. I love you so muchJ
Enough of that.

Much of today was spent cleaning up the mess Hurricane Joe left behind. The urge to punch him in the face was eaten by Rat Pack while I was slept last night, so I was over it, but still not impressed. Abraham arranged a meeting with himself, Important Guy and Important Guy #2 and Joseph. All the people he had been telling stories to. That’s when the guys from The Office say, “Boom. Roasted.” Abraham wanted to get everything out in the open because he was tired of dealing with this. Tension had been mounting for two and a half years and my incident was the tipping point.
I was so uncomfortable. I wanted to be anywhere other than where I was. This kid was getting grilled. He sat there with his head in his heads and hardly said a word while the frustrated three men were all talking at the same time in a language I don’t understand in a very animated fashion.
Ugh.
I don’t do drama and this afternoon has maxed out my quota until 2012.

I needed to get out of the house. All I wanted to do today was play with the kids, so finally at 2:30 in the afternoon, I marched out the door.
I was so hot outside but nothing compared to the inferno Joseph was just in.
I had the kids help me send a good luck picture back to my Carroll girls for their conference tournament coming up this weekend, so I had brought them balloons today to complete the picture.
Oh my… they flipped. They loved them and we had so much fun with them.
I was blowing up a balloon for one of the littles when my leg was suddenly splashed with water from behind. I stood right up. I slowly turned around to see Wild Man (his name is technically Jason but it doesn’t fit him) and Beki, who has the BEST laugh, smiling ear to ear with empty cups in their hands. Guilty as all get out.  
Busted.
I grabbed a bowl next to the water tank and filled it up and tore across the yard after them. They were screaming. I was screaming. We were all screaming… and why not? We’re kids, aren’t we? I splashed them. They splashed me. They fell on the ground laughing and I nearly did the same.
I was soaked- well my bottom half was. My opponents barely came past my knees, but they were relentless. I had full blown water fight today, and it such a blast. Refreshing on all accounts.
I am off to give myself an African foot soak and go to bed.
Much love to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment