Monday, April 25, 2011

Whoa

OH MY GOSH do I have stories for you!!! It is all I can do not to go into story telling mode. I only have a few minutes so I must be brief! These last two weeks have officially been the coolest ones I have ever lived, and I have officially surpassed my own expectations for myself... officially. I can not believe some of the things I did (and lived through haha!) and the things I have eaten and literally, by the grace of God, have not gotten sick from. Oh He is so good to me, and I sincerely thank you for your prayers.
I am currently at an internet cafe in Kumasi on my way home to Saboba. I am staying with the coolest family ever here. He is a friend of Jonah's I met in Saboba and has is trying to get this basketball ministry off the ground here (more on that later), so this morning, I was running through plays with a bunch of Ghanaians... in a dress. We had such a blast!
 Here is the plan: I am hoping if all goes well (and it never does in Ghana when it comes to traveling) that I will get back tomorrow night and then I will have the time and resources to update you on my travels.
Here is a preview of what my life the last two weeks has been like:
I have been to 7 or the 10 regions in Ghana, and navigated my way through half of them by myselfWITHOUT getting lost (pause for a pat on the back). I hiked to the highest falls in West Africa and went crawling through caves. I had a monkey jump on me while I trying to feed it a banana (and have photo documentation of me screaming- hilarious). I am now completely comfortable with the fact that I sweat 432809324 liters a day and look like a wild woman 98% of the time. I have slept in the most odd places, which proves that I can in fact sleep ANYWHERE (this is a huge accomplishment for me). I got chased down for not paying for my toilet paper... this is also the day I learned there are urinals for women... I hung out with 3 Austrians, 1 Brit, 1 Belgium and got my fill or Euro-charm haha. I attended the coolest Easter service and could not pay attention to the preacher because I was in a sea of African fashion. I slept on the beach in a one man tent, which was just incredible, and  really, just had the time of my life. 
So much more but I must go. I am running out of time.
Just now that I am safe, and oh so happy, but I am getting really excited to come home and see all my peeps. I really can not thank you all for your prayers and support. God has done and will continue to do so much through your generosity and I hope you know that.
More updates to follow and pictures... oh the pictures I have for you!
Love to you all!!

Gma Ali- this is doubling as an email to you... I LOVE YOU!

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh! nikki! you're awesome! this is great! i can't wait to here more! :) love you! - sarah

    ReplyDelete